Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

One Last Farewell for 2012!!

I am so far behind with my blog! I still have pictures to share from our November camping trip to Kentucky. I also have to share about the things we did in December to celebrate the holidays. Not to mention about the week I lost in December being super sick and in the hospital. Then there was the Christmas holiday almost a week ago! So much to share, but so little time to get it all typed up and out there! I hope to have all those posts done by the end of the week! So be prepared for a post over load!

Anyways, with just a few hours left of this year I figured I at least owed my poor forgotten blog a reflection of this past year!

2012 came and went so fast! I can't believe it's already time to bring in the new year!

January through April was kind of a difficult time for Kenny and I. We had been separated for a few months at that point. I lived at the house and he lived at his dads. Despite the issues we were having, it was hard to just call it quits. Neither of us wanted to and the more one of us pulled away, the more the other hung on. We managed to talk through our issues. We changed the things we could and learned to accept the things we couldn't change. A relationship is full of work and growth, and I think we are now on the right path to that! Each day we continue to work and learn.

May was the month I turned 25! I became half way to 50! Geeze, now the time has really flown! During my birthday celebrations, my best friend mentioned "well, since you guys are back together you should get a new fresh start in Fredericksburg". At that time it was just a joke and we actually pulled up some houses trying to prove to her that even if we wanted to we couldn't afford to move. The joke was on us! We found that there was a lot of opportunity over there and the housing market was completely different. With much thought and discussion about what was best for us and Hailey. We began looking at houses. We spent many weekend in May and June walking through houses. Some were nice and some were a complete nightmare. After 3 turned down offers, a house we had really liked popped back on the market and in July we closed on our new home. But I did take a break from all the new house fun to escape with the girls for an amazing Sugarland concert!

The move happened in August. It was bittersweet. There were hurt feelings, upset parents, and sad friends. It was definitely an emotional time. A couple weeks into August, Hailey turned 5. Just day later she started her journey as a kindergartener going full time in a brand new school. September was a month of transition for all of us. Hailey had a hard time adjusting and I also had a hard time watching her adjust. We all finally settled into a routine and things got much easier.

October brought Halloween and trick or treating. November quickly came and went. We drove 13hours to Kentucky for a weekend full of four wheeling and camping with some of my best friends. There was Thanksgivings full of family and delicious meals! There was a lot of online Black Friday shopping, which I must add I was very pleased with!

December was here before I knew it! There was Christmas lights, Christmas trees, and some new traditions. I was down for a week with a sickness which ended up with a four day hospital stay. There was a Christmas party with some of my best friends for our children who have all grown up together. That turned out amazing! ( and you will be seeing a blog about that also!). There was a Pre Christmas dinner for Kenny's family. Not to mention our 5th anniversary on Christmas Eve (our eight year was on Dec. 13th!). Christmas was full of a very happy little girl and all my family. This past weekend was a surprise party for my grandmother's "almost" 75th Birthday! And that brings us to here and now!

As you can see this year was full of changes and excitement. For me it brought a new outlook on things! I took charge to get myself out of a funk and make changes for the better! I plan on continuing to work on those things and more this coming year! I became stronger and more independent. I have grown closer with some and realized that some people weren't exactly who they seemed. Whether it is with my relationship, being a mother, or a friend, it's a learning process. Each life event is a learning experience, something to grow from.

So here is to a new year! I am thankful for ever hurdle I've made it over and every person who was always by my side every step of the way in 2012! I can't wait to see what is to come in 2013!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years!

Ps: Resolutions to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment