Wednesday, July 30, 2014
I have to hurry up with this since it's already after midnight! But shhhh don't tell anyone!
1. It's hard to believe tomorrow Emily will be 7 weeks old! I'm still not over how fast the pregnancy went so this is nuts to me!
2. Speaking of time flying by, I took Emily's 1 month pictures and hope to have a post tomorrow for you! So come back on Wednesday!
3. I went to my postpartum appointment today! I took my OB a card with a handwritten note and $5 gift card for starbucks! After keeping her on call for 3 days plus a 4:45 am wake up call to deliver me, she deserves a cup of coffee from me! Plus I truly appreciate how caring and nice she was all pregnancy.
4. It's time to think about birth control and since I can't have hormones with my heart, she recommends the paragaurd IUD. I called the insurance company and they pay for it to be put in and removed, but not the $500 device. Since its just a copper T, I asked if we could just shove a penny up there since it's also copper. That was a negative! Ha!
5. Went to target today and left with NOTHING!
6. Went to BJs afterwards and stocked up on a good amount of stuff and between club coupons and manufactured coupons, I saved $40. In fact with the way I paired lysol coupons they PAID me $4 to buy a 6 pack of lysol toilet cleaner! And paid $.99 for a 4 box pack of caprice suns! Woot woot!
7. Tax free weekend in VA starts Friday so I def need to get to target to school supply shop!
8. I can not believe August starts on Friday! Where did July go?!
9. Hailey's birthday is on the 16th and I am so behind this year! I need to figure out our family party and the small one I do with her friends. I'm thinking build a bear? Or Michaels for a craft?
10. Less then 2 weeks until I return to work, but we won't talk about that because I'll spend the rest of the night crying! Ekkkk I already cried in the OB office about it. Ps: she decided after that to up my anxiety meds ha!
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
1. I'm going to try to get back into blogging regular. There's so much to share with Emily and Hailey! Plus it's good to get my thoughts out! I'll need that more than ever as I approach my 8 week mark and returning to work! I can't believe Emily will be 5 weeks tomorrow already!
2. My Ergobaby carrier that I won off ebay finally came today! I couldn't wait to put it on and get Emily in it! A friend of mine let me borrow the Moby wrap and it's come in handy so hopefully Emily will love this one too!
3. Yesterday was a picnic with Hailey's first grade teacher at one of the manors on the battle fields. It was pretty neat and I took a lot of pictures to post with my big girl camera!
4. I want a vacation at the beach sooooo bad! We haven't gone anywhere in 4 years and that last one was the trip to FL to attend my grandmother's funeral. Seeing everyone's beach and pool pictures has gotten me so bummed, but we can't afford anything this year, that's for sure!
5. We NEVER went on vacation when I was little. In fact the first time I saw a beach was when I was 18 for a weekend and the first week long vacation I had was when Hailey was 1. It might not happen this year, but I hope the girls will have many memories of vacations growing up!
6. I am addicted to Papa John's bread sticks and garlic butter!
7. My Fitness Pal diary does not like the breadsticks as much as me! Ekkkkk way too many calories!
8. I have been tracking all my calories using MFP. I'm so proud of myself! And yes I am patting myself on the back!
9. I spent over 5 hours applying for a job in the county government. I am praying that I get it! Not only is it in social services, which is an interest of mine, but it's close to home! It's a pay cut and basically will just barely cover my bills, but it would save me so much time and my sanity!
10. I wish so many things were different, but I truly have been trying to stay positive. It's not always the easiest and tonight is one of those nights!