Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

21 Suggestions for Success

So I have been thinking more and more about these 21 Suggestions for Success.

I want to work on this!

I really want to work at this......

1. This is something I really need to think about. It is something that I am struggling with and really need some time to think on. So I am in progress of working on this one right now and really doing some soul searching.

2. Work at something you enjoy- I enjoy my job so I guess it can go deeper then this. I really need to play around with hobbies. Ones that I might like and will make me happy. I was watching someone crocet (sp) the other day and thought that that would be something relaxing and fun to do. I wouldn't want to sell them or anything, but maybe make a blanket for Hailey or someone. If I am good at it, then maybe I could make blankets and donate them. I know there is a group called "Project Linus" and they make blankets for premies. So I need to find something that I am good at and would enjoy doing, and keep the idea of making money out of it, do something for the good of other people. It never hurts to explore options!

3. This is one that I would like to try to work on. I believe I do alot for people and go out of my way for people. I like to make people happy. One thing that I feel I need to work on is my expectations of what I will get in return. Maybe I shouldn't expect people to be happy or say thank you. I shouldn't expect anything from anyone. I should do something for people and know that I did something good and thats all that matters.

4. I can definately be Debbie Downer at times. I need to focus on making sure my glass is always half full. I am a pretty optomistic person most of the time, but sometimes I get stuck on the little things. I need to accept things as they are and make the best out of every situation. My therapist said that I always ask "Why?" "Why did this happen?" "Why would they do that?", instead of asking why, I need to work on understanding that it is what it is. Make the best of it and move on. LET THE LITTLE THINGS GO!

5. I am a forgiver. I always forgive people, but I don't forget. I also tend to hold grudges and bring up things in the past that I haven't forgotten. I need to work on forgiving and letting it go. If I forgive then it should end it, close the door on that situation. I have alot of resentment for a few people. I need to forgive them and just know they are what they are. Holding all the anger and sadness in, just is hurting me so much worse in the long run. Forgivvvvve!

6. Be Generous- This is one I am working on. I have donated to a lot of causes in the past year. Also I plan on doing small payroll deductions for two organizations. I have a total of 26 paychecks a year. If $10 comes out each paycheck then that would be $260 given to an organization. I think I am going to do Ronald McDonald House Charities. This is an organization that my Aunt has used while my cousin was in the hospital a few hours from their house. They put her in a room for free and made sure she had everything she needed. When you have a child with an illness, the last thing you should be worrying about is where you are going to stay and how are you going to afford it. Thank God that I have not had to ever deal with this situation, but I know many people who have. So instead of stressing over giving a lump sum donation, I will just do it out of my paycheck and I will be able to give so much more!

7. I need to be more grateful of the things I have. I am lucky for so much. I should be grateful that I have a house that keeps me warm and dry, instead of wishing it was bigger. I should be grateful that I have a job, instead of complaining that I don't want to go to work in the morning. I should be grateful that I have a loving family, instead of focusing on the past and the little stuff. I should be grateful I have money and can pay my bills, instead of complaining about money and bills. I should be grateful that my daughter is healthy and alive, instead of complaining about the messes she makes or how I want time alone. I should be grateful that I have the friends I have, instead of getting stuck on little things that may irriate me. I should be grateful that I wake up every morning, instead of wishing I could stay in bed all day. I should be grateful that I have a vehicle, instead of complaining about gas. There are so many things that I have to be grateful for that I constantly overlook. Maybe this is where being a more positive person comes into place.

8. Persistance.....don't ever give up, keep going, make time for it, This could be used for the weight watchers and gym deal. Have persistance. Keep going. I have come so far, but lately I have hit a slump where I don't go to the gym and my eating habits are out of wack. I need to get back on track, keep going! And don't give up. No more "I'll start tomorrow" because with that attitude tomorrow may never come.

9. I just finished looking at my money and how I spend it. Last month I spent $411 on eating out! That's crazy! I need to really get back to packing lunches. Not only will this save money, but will also keep me on track for eating healthy! One thing I started doing was making coffee in the office! It saves me $2.12 a day by doing it that way!

10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated....... This is a good one. I feel that I am usually friendly, but I judge people when I first meet them. So maybe instead of judging them, I need to always go into a situation with an open mind.

11. Commit yourself to constant improvement....... I think by really focusing on these things and changing my outlook on life will help me improve the person I want to be. By getting back on track with weight watchers and working out I am comitting myself to make a happier and healthier life for myself.

I will have to work on the last 10 later! So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment