Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WW: Halloween Crafting (Part 1)

I know, I know! It's suppose to be wordless Wednesday, but I want to tell you a little bit about it first!

Something I have always loved is having something to hang from my door. I made a wreath in the spring that had some polka dotted burlap ribbon and some bright colored flowers on it. It was pretty cute and lasted all spring and summer long. With a new season and an awesome holiday right around the corner, I decided to jump on the chance to make something new for my door.

I went to AC Moore and bought a plain medium sized wreath (and they were on sale that week!!) and the found some black ribbon with glittery silver webs all over it. I found a little hanging thing that said "Happy Halloween" in an aisle of random Halloween things. And the final thing I got was a big black glittery spider that was on a random stick in that same aisle.

I got home and got my glue gun out and went to work. I wrapped the ribbon around and glued it to stay in place. Next I cut some ribbon to make a big bow and glued that on and then pulled the spider off the stick and hot glued him on the bow! Lastly I placed the little sign in the middle and glued that on so it would hang.

The entire project cost me a little less then $10 and took about 30 minutes. I am pretty happy with how it turned out!


 
Close up on the big black spider on the ribbon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Super cute. I so need to do something like this. I have three doors (4 if you count the screened in porch) to decorate. Two of them are side by side so it has to be matchy-matchy (or I think so anyway). This would be perfect, and cheap.

    ReplyDelete