Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Day My Little Girl Turned 7!

It's hard to believe that it had been 7 years since this happened......
 
Photo: It's hard to believe that this picture was taken 7 years ago. Happy Birthday Hailey! You have amazed me from day one and still continue to amaze me. You are so smart, silly and sassy. I love how much we think alike! Your my best friend, my sidekick, and the best big sister anyone could ever ask for. Seeing you with Emily and the big smile she gets when she looks at you melts my heart. I love you so much and am so proud of the little girl you have become! ♡
 
Ms. Hailey Marie was born on August 16th, 2007 at 7:33am weighing 7lbs 3oz!
 
She has grown up so much these last few years and with the way she acts it is hard to remember sometimes that she still is just a little girl! She is such a sweet person and has a good heart! She can be stubborn and sarcastic like her daddy, but she truly is a wonderful person. Seeing her as a big sister has changed the way I look at her a lot! She is so amazing with Emily and such a great helper! I knew she would be awesome, but I never thought she would be so great with her. I love the way they interact and the way she cares about her little sister. It truly melts my heart on a daily basis! Hailey is such an amazing little person and I can not wait to see what her future has in store for her!
 
So with that said, let me tell you a little bit about my big 7 year old's special day!
 
This was Hailey's first picture as a 7 year old! She had climbed in my bed so we could cuddle and she could say hello to Emily!
 
 
After that we headed to living room where she opened her gifts from us! Though it didn't look like a lot, I was pretty happy with the gifts that I did get her!
 
 
 
 
Monster High Fashion Design Tapeffiti
 
Then she got 5 pairs of jeans, two packs of earrings, and some clothes for her doll from Emily!
 
But this was the thing she wanted the most! And according to Toys R Us website it was not available for order until September! She talked about this darn bird for weeks! (Thank you commercials!) I just happened to be at Target with the girls and saw it! YUP! There was only one and the rest of the individual birds were gone! So I had to sneak buying it with her with me! I knew if I didn't, that it would be gone the next time I would be able to go! I literally hid it in my cart and made her go keep looking at things while we were checking out! I don't know know how she never saw it on the shelf and how she didn't see it while it was hidden in the cart! I felt like I deserved a hug pat on the back for those skills! So here it is........
 

 
So needless to say she was one happy camper that morning! After we ate breakfast the neighbors came over and gave her their gifts which was actually the individual bird that can go in the cage with this bird! Also Amelia gave Hailey her first BFF necklace! It was super cute and they were very excited!
 
After that we went in and got dressed and ready! Hailey had picked both her and Emily's outfit out for her Birthday! She had chose matching dresses for the two of them and had been dieing to wear them together for her special day! I then curled her hair and got her all ready!
 
So that morning was supposed to run much smoother then it did. I had placed the balloon order the day before and had planned to run into the store to grab the punch that I wasn't able to get the night before! I was thrown in a loop when Kenny informed me that he was heading to MD early so that he could go to his dads. I mean, it really wasn't a big deal, but it did complicate things with having to do these small tasks now with both Hailey and Emily with me instead of waiting in the car. Plus lugging everything out to the car by myself.
 
 I decided to have two parties for her again this year! One was with family and the other was a Build a Bear party with her friends she has grown up with! The party with family was held at my Grandmother's house and was Monster High themed. I really wish I had of gotten more pictures because I did decorate, but after getting to the party late everything was kind of frantic and by late I mean 20 minutes after the party started and I still needed to set up! Kenny thought the party started at 3 instead of 2 so he didn't show up until 40 minutes after! Ahhhhh! It was a mess in the beginning, but after I got everything set up and started, things slowed down a lot!
 
*Thank you google for providing these images!
 
We did cookout food, you know the typical burgers and hotdogs. There were chips, dip, pasta salad, deviled eggs, and potato salad. After a frantic search for punch that morning, my cousin came to the rescue and we had punch! We ate our dinner and then it was time for presents!
 
Hailey had a blast opening everything up! She definitely got everything she asked for this year! One of her big requests was money for books! She got a gift card with book marks and also a check to be used for books! She wanted clothes for her American Doll, so she got a few outfits from the Our Generation collection that Target sells! They fit the American Dolls perfect and are priced MUCH better! She also got the other thing she had been asking for for awhile..... KINETIC SAND! That stuff is pretty neat! Even Kenny was intrigued by it! She got the purple kit and 3 separate colors to go with it! She also got Monster High dolls and some other really cool things! She also scored several cool gift cards to Claire's and Toys R Us! She loved everything and there was no duplicates to anything she had! SCORE! That's always a good thing!
 
After presents was cake! My mom made the cake again this year! She did a great job and I loved that it was a marble cake with chocolate and hot pink and purple swirls! It tasted pretty good too! Mmmmm!
 
 
 
After cake the crowd slowly died down and we went ahead and started to pack up. We got home that evening and of course Hailey didn't know where to start with opening things! She decided to go with the Kinetic Sand so her and Kenny could check it out! He had never seen it before and Mr. "Know it All" was amazed with this stuff!
 
 
 
Then before bedtime I made sure to snap a picture of the girls in their matching dresses!
 
 
So that was it for her Birthday! She went to bed excited knowing that the next day would be her Build a Bear party! She had a pretty great Day 1 of her Birthday weekend!
 
Stay tuned for Day 2!
 

2 comments: