Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is so much more than an amazing meal! It is a time to really remember what we have to be thankful for!It's not about just remembering it for one day, it's about embracing it and remembering it every day! There is so much in my life that I have to be thankful for!

The other day on the drive into work, I stopped (well not really, I mean I kept driving!) and I asked myself what I had to be thankful for.

Here is some of what I came up with (no particular order of course!):

- I am thankful for my friends. They are the ones that keep me a float when I am just to tired to keep going. They support my ideas and my dreams. They are there to laugh with me and cry with me. They accept me for who I am and without them I would be lost. Friends are the family you get to choose. And I hope they each know how  important and how special they are to me. They are each unique and bring something special to my life. I could never thank them enough for being there with me each day.

- I am thankful for my family. My parents and I have not always seen eye to eye with things, but they have always been there for me. They have always said that I have walked to the beat of my own drum and though they don't always approve or understand, they are always behind me. I used to get so mad about how strict they were, but now that I am older and wiser I know that they were that way because they wanted the best for me and to make sure I was safe. I can stop and look at all the dumb things my friends have done, and be so glad I had a curfew and wasn't involved in that. My Aunt is like a second mother to me. She helped me out with Hailey when I didn't know what I was going to do. I couldn't afford daycare and needed to work. She gave me a safe place to take my child so that I could go to work and not worry about where and who she was with. 

-I am thankful for my job. It provides a stable place for me to go each day and a paycheck every other week. I am able to be flexible with my leave and they allow me to take off when I need to be with Hailey. It has provided me a lot of experience and some new friends along the way. For that I am very grateful!

-I am thankful that I have a car that starts every morning and gets me to and from work safely. I pass people who have broken down on the side of I-95 all the time and remember how lucky that it is not me on the side of the road.

- I am thankful for my home. It is a place that I know I am safe. It keeps me warm in the cold nights and keeps me dry when it rains. It has space for us to grow our family and it provides a yard for Hailey and Pixie to run!

- I am thankful for southern Maryland. It is the place that I have grown up and was raised. It has changed much over the years, but it will always be where my heart is and my home.

- I am thankful for my husband. We have had a roller coaster ride of a relationship. We will have been together 8 years on Dec. 13th and married for 5 on Dec. 24th. We are different people, and that's okay. I have learned to be more supportive over the things he likes and though I don't always agree with things, I know it makes him happy. He is a good father to Hailey and she is lucky to have that in her life. We work together to support our family and though things aren't always easy, it always works out.

-I am thankful for my education. I have been able to take almost all my classes online and work at the same time. Without that, I would never have been able to take college classes. I have learned so much over the years and I am so glad for the knowledge I have obtained. It's not cheap, and it's not easy, but it makes so many things possible that I never thought was.

- I am thankful for my health. I am lucky that the few things I do have wrong, are easily treated with medicine. I am able to get up each morning and live a normal life. I am able to run with my daughter and share laughs with my friends. 

- I am thankful for my life. I have been reminded many times that life is not promised. Each breath I take is a gift. It should be cherished and used to the best of my ability. 

And most importantly......

I am thankful for my daughter, Hailey. She is a beautiful, smart, funny, sassy five year old. She has come so far in just a few short months of school. I love our conversations and how interested she is in the things I do. She talks ALOT and has a lot of really interesting things to say. She is sweet and sensitive. She reminds me of myself with the way she thinks of things. She has a beautiful outlook on life and loves to do things to make people happy. She is healthy and growing so fast before my eyes. I could never imagine my life without her. She is truly my everything and I am so thankful for each day I get to spend with her! I am thankful that I am her mother and that she is my little tootsie roll! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment