Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

And here I am again......

And here I am again........
 
This past week I started weight watchers again! And you know what, I could go on and on beating myself up about starting over again. Or the fact that I gained all my weight I had worked so hard to lose back plus 10 more. But you know what, no looking back in the rear view mirror because what is done is done. It's time to move on and I am doing a good job at moving on.
 
What I like about Weight Watchers is that it gives you freedom. There is nothing I can't have. So if I go to a party and there is cake, then I can have cake! It's all about making choices. Eating portion sizes. And rewiring your brain when it comes to food. WW is based off of a point system. Every person has a set amount of daily points they can have which is based off their starting weight, age, height and activity level. Each food has points set for them. The points are based off of the fat, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, and protein the food contains. So for example..... milk, 1 cup of skim milk equals 2 points. So if I drink a glass of milk, then I subtract the points off my daily allowance. Fruits and most veggies equal zero. So for breakfast I has 1 c. of spinach (0), 1 banana (0), 1/2 c. frozen strawberries (0), and a 1/2 cup Silk Fruit and Protein drink (2), all blended up with the magic bullet! So that equaled out to be 2 points total. And it got me 3 servings of fruits and veggies and was packed with protein to help me feel fuller longer.
 
Also on top of your daily points you have a weekly amount of points that are your "extra points". You can use them on a big meal or here and there all throughout the week. You also earn more points for working out that you can use if you run out of points. There is so many ways that you can make this plan doable!
 
I have started back on WW so many times, but I just can't stick with it. But for some reason this time it just clicked. There has been no doubts or anything I wanted to sneak. I have just been doing it. I have been measuring out my food, making healthier decisions, and watching what I eat. I saved my points Saturday so I could go out to the Japanese Steak House with my friends! And I yesterday I went to Cracker Barrel and for both places I wrote down everything I ate, even my 9 point strawberry daiquiri. I also have cut out most of the regular sodas and tea, well so far I have. I also bumped up my water intake. This is how it felt last time also! When I had lost almost 40lbs. That time it just clicked and was easier then any time before. I am hoping that this feeling is such a good sign!
 
I have expressed so many times how unhappy I am with myself and my body. I am so uncomfortable in my own skin! But only I can fix that and I hope that is what I am doing. I also know that I want another baby. And with the issues I have, I most likely will be a high risk pregnancy. So the more weight I can lose the better it will be on my body and easier it will be for them to control my blood pressure during a pregnancy.
 
I know it won't be easy, but I hope that I am taking all the right steps to working on my resolution of bettering myself.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment