Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions 2011

So it's a new year, which means time for changes. I am hoping this will be a "no bull shit" year for me, eliminating the people who hurt me over and over and doing me for once. I am constantly told I need to "love myself first". So I am going to keep that as a priority this year. This year I am going to do something different, instead of making a whole bunch of resolutions I won't be able to keep, I am going to make 3 big resolutions and then 12 small ones, one for every month. I am still trying to come up with those ones..... but I figured I would start it out now.

Resolutions:

1. My first resolution is something I am going to stick with. I want to feel better about myself. In order to do this I am going to start a healthier lifestyle. My goal is to lose XX pounds. I am starting weight watchers again with a friend and this time we are going to stick to it! We will support each other and encourage. I also need to get fit, exercise, and work on my eating habits by incorporating healthy eating and an overall healthy lifestyle!

2. Eliminate the people who bring me down. I am easily hurt and easily walked all over. It is really affecting me and I need to change this. For once, I need to put my foot down and eliminate these people from my life, stick up for myself, and do what is best for me! This might surprise a few people who I might be talking about. Hopefully their resolution includes changes that will allow them to stay in my life. Time will only tell I guess.

3. Get my house clean and maintain it. This is a hard one for me because I have an extremely busy life and it seems like no help when it comes to these things. I took off some time from work to hopefully get things started. I can't live like this anymore; you would think we are borderline hoarders. I just haven't had time to clean and so it just all seems to stack up! So I have a year of mess in almost every room. I WILL get my house straight, and I will take the time to keep it that way!

Now for the small resolutions.....

1. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 3-5 days a week. (Jan.)
2. Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day. (Feb.)
3. Eat my fruit and vegetable servings each day (Mar.)
4. Complete my school work before the due date (Apr.)
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12. Graduate with my associates in social science! (Dec.)

I still need to work on the rest of the smaller resolutions. I have some in mind, but I will have to decide which ones I want to stick to and do.

This year is a new year, with new challenges, and hopefully big rewards. I changed my major last year, which added an extra semester of schooling, so instead of 3 classes left, I now have 8. This means that I am going to have to take more classes then before and do two full time semesters to graduate. But I am determined to graduate with my associates in Dec. 2011! That is a major accomplishment for me! I am excited to see that happen!!!! Yay for 2011 and the changes that are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment