Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Semi Wordless Wednesday: Three years


I can't help but cry when I see this picture.
I can't believe it's been three years yesterday since you left us!
Though life has carried on, there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss you!
 
It's kind of funny, I was talking to my Mom about this yesterday, but I was always so afraid that all my memories of my Uncle Dave would be replaced with the ones I saw every day for two years as I watched him get sicker with cancer. By the time he left us, he didn't even resemble the man I had known all my life. But, as time has gone on my memories of all the pain and sadness of the disease, have slowly returned to all the good times we shared and the Dave I want to remember. My Mom response was "that's how time heals". Even though it doesn't make the pain go away, it makes it more bearable. There never will be a time when I pull up in their driveway and that I don't look to the giant front window, where Dave would be standing there with baby Hailey making her little hand wave and saying "Hi Momma!!!" when I would come home from work most days! He called her his "Sunshine" and though just a tiny baby and toddler, she helped keep his spirits high throughout the whole sickness. I will make sure she never forgets him.



Here or there, you will always be my favorite Uncle Dave!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment