Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Thoughts!

Thursday Thoughts
Today I am linking up with the wonderful Jennifer at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom! And since I didn't do my 10 things on Tuesday post, I have lots of thoughts to share!
So what are my thoughts this Thursday?! Well for starters......
 
- Why does it seem the less money I have and the more I try to budget, the more things I want! Like I literally sat on a site last night looking forever at eye creams. I don't even have wrinkles, but somewhere in my head I am obsessing over cooling eye cream that  helps with wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness. Cooling eye cream.....yeah doesn't that sound AMAZING?!? It could be life changing! Luckily I do have the ability to just look, dream and want, without buying!
 
- Cheerleading started last Friday and we missed it for Hailey's birthday. The coach called Monday to let me know that practice is this Friday also. She made mention that she knew we were going to be out, but the rest were supposed to show up and only one girl ended up showing up. She said the other parents "forgot", she did not seemed please about that. Anyways I was glad we aren't behind. First game is on the Aug. 29th.
 
- Speaking of cheerleading, I probably will not be able to make first practice and it's killing me. I am going to try my best to get there as soon as I can, but I can guarantee it will be almost over. It starts at 5:30 and I leave at 3:30, but Friday traffic normally takes me 2.5 hours just to get to my van, then it's 20 minutes from there. Kenny is not happy about taking Hailey. I sent him the time, date, location, and then the mapquest directions on how to get there. Hopefully he won't make a big deal over it. I had to laugh when he told his boss he couldn't work overtime because "Friday he had cheerleading".
 
- Staff meeting included dunkin donuts today. I proudly passed on anything and drank my protein shake. Now it's time for hard boiled eggs and strawberries for my snack!
 
- I am getting my hair done on Saturday and I am excited! I dyed it all dark the other night so that I would only have to pay for the highlights and not all over color too! It's my first time going to this girl, but I am happy to support her new career. Also the salon is running a special where if you get color done, you get a free cut and style too! I like free!
 
- I'm so antsy lately. I need to figure out something to do with my anxious energy besides worrying about eye creams!
 
- So as I mentioned on my WW post, I was in the ER for severe hypertension this weekend. They gave me a prescription for one of my medicines I was out of so that it will hold me over until I start with my new doctor on Monday. Well the insurance refused to pay for it because it was only 30 days. I had to pay out of pocket for it. I called the insurance company the next morning and told them that the prescription came from the ER and I was in between doctors so I can't get the 90 days they want me to have. Finally after forever on the phone they agreed to override the system and told me to go to CVS and get my refund. I went that evening to CVS and of course the system denied it. The pharmacy called the insurance company and after talking to them they said that my request was denied. I left the store in tears and went out to the jeep and called the insurance company. I went nutso on them until they finally said they would override it again. I went back in to the pharmacy and it went through. Out of pocket was $54.99 and with insurance was $3.00 so I got $51.99 back. Come on, you had no problem filling a bottle of Vicadin for me, but wanted to refuse my blood pressure medication. What the hell! I'm just glad I got my money back!
 
- This weekend Hailey and I are having a sleep over with my cousin and her little girl! Her husband is in China so I had told her that I would come stay with her one weekend! I am excited about it!!!!!
 
So I think that's enough thinking for me this Thursday! Any thoughts you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment