Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4th and Our Weekend!

This weekend was actually a really nice relaxing weekend for us! On July 4th we went to my Grandmother's house for a cook out! My cousin was organizing the whole shindig this time since her inlaws were in town. My job was to bring a dessert! I spent the whole week looking on Pinterest for some ideas, but finally settled with just a plain old cake that I made the morning of. I did at least put some red, white, and blue, sprinkles around the edges!
 
That day was perfect! Sunshine the whole day, which has become kind of rare for us lately since we have been having rain and storms almost every day for weeks. We swam in the pool and talked and laughed. Dinner was steak which is a very rare occasion for me to have! So that made me even more excited! After swimming we did dessert and then hurried over to the fireworks, which is like 10 minutes away. We put the top down in the jeep and all sat on top and watched the fireworks. This year we parked up on the side of the road instead of dealing with all the crowds and traffic. It was the best seats and view we have ever had. After that we headed home and climbed into bed! It had been a fun day, but very long!
 
Friday we slept in and then got up and ready to run Pixie to the vet. We came home and did lunch and literally laid around the rest of the day. It was so nice and relaxing not to do anything! We finished the night with Red Robin for dinner and watching tv on the couch together!
 
Saturday we got up and did some things around the house. Then we headed back over to my grandmothers. My cousins had received some sad news on Friday, so I was glad we could be there for them and cheer them up some. We swam until late and then headed home and pretty much watched a little tv and went to bed!
 
Sunday was kind of bittersweet thinking that it was our last day home! Kenny was off for the day so we both got up in the morning and did things around the house. I did another load of dishes and finally got my clothes put away and my laundry done! Yup, that's the same task I have been talking about for how long? It finally got done! I then went to the grocery store and stocked up on all healthy fruits, veggies, proteins, and whole wheat carbs for my exciting new adventure that I started today! I cam home and washed and put all my veggies and fruits away! I decided on my "last meal" being taco salad since I won't be able to have that for a while. By the end of dinner it was time for baths and get ready for the week. I finally got in bed around 10 and was sleeping soon after!
 
This weekend was just what we needed! It was relaxing and we got things done! We got to spend time with people and now I can officially say I have been swimming three times this summer! Wahoo! After I laid down last night, I reflected on this whole weekend and just couldn't help but smile. It was an all around nice holiday and great weekend!
 
How was your weekend?!
 
Photo: Top down on the Jeep, waiting for fireworks at Charles County fairground!
 
Photo: Hope everyone had a happy and safe fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment